Account Director/Customer Success Manager
As an Account Director/Customer Success Manager, you are responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the client(s), managing new and existing client relationships, overseeing the commercial developments and negotiations, and being accountable for all work delivered by Sojourn to the client(s). You will need to be the voice of reason for the client. The goal is to ensure your stakeholders are satisfied with Sojourn’s work, Sojourn retains clientele and you facilitate further growth within your account(s).
To be effective, you will need to have strong skills and experience in building and maintaining customer relationships. You will also require strong sales and negotiation skills, consultative solution selling, creative problem solving, and business-conscious decision-making. You must possess excellent planning and leadership abilities to enable facilitating regular account reviews with the client, and internal Sojourn resources.
To be successful, you will need to be self-motivated, and sales focused, passionate about client management, and have an aptitude to mentor and coach clients and colleagues.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Strategic Direction & Vision:
- Lead the management of pitch preparation for new business opportunities and produce and present new business proposals and tenders
- Present relevant market knowledge to your clients and the internal teams
- Review solutions (both tactical and strategic) and proactively suggest improvements in line with the accounts’ overall goals and direction
- Prepare for and facilitate regular account review sessions
Client Relationship Management:
- Actively build upon your existing client relationships and run meetings with client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Manage the day-to-day relationship between Sojourn and your key account(s)
Commercial Developments & Negotiation:
- Drive revenue growth by expanding the account
- Monitor and analyse delivery and business health KPIs for the account
- Provide financial forecasting and budgeting for your client(s)
- Lead the efficient planning and management of all projects from brief through to reporting and analysis
- Lead by example in ensuring client satisfaction across delivery – deliver multiple projects to scope, on time and on budget.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Passionate about client relationships and delivering excellence to your clients
- Solid experience collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, IT, data, marketing, legal, and operations
- Effective communication skills to build and maintain relationships
- Proven consultative solution sales skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills at all levels of business including C-Level executives
- Identify new and innovative ways to support clients’ needs and to meet their business objectives
- Discipline and strong organization skills with excellent time management
- Commitment to stay up-to-date with relevant new learning and be an active participant in company sponsored learning events
- Uphold the highest of business ethics and personal integrity
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in a B2B marketing role with expertise drawn from multiple implementations of similar solutions for marketing and sales organizations, ranging from architecture to final deliverables
- 3-5 years experience working with marketing automation platforms (Eloqua and/or Marketo)